Just for Fun: Husband Defines Makeup & Beauty Products!
I feel like it's been mostly serious on the blog this past couple of weeks! From the little note on Prayer, to the STAR technique for succeeding in interviews, the post on breast cancer awareness and finally battling social media envy.
So, I was hoping for a bit of fun to usher us into weekend mood!
Have you ever wondered how well your husband or the men in your life knew about makeup? I stumbled on this in the blogosphere and I knew I wouldn't let it go, till I had the husband give it a go!
And he was such a good sport about it. I laughed so hard at some of his answers, and I thought I'll share. I simply asked him to define the terms and I've shared his exact answers! I also found a couple of funny quotes about men & makeup, so I'm throwing those in as well.
- Bronzer: I've never heard it before in my life. How's that spelt?
- Blusher: A brush you use to create a blush on your cheek.
- Mascara: Ofcourse I know what mascara is. It's for straightening the eyelashes, thickening, darkening them and making them stand individually in single hairs.
- Eyeliner: A dark pencil-like tool you put it just above your eyelashes to make a dark line. This was the first and only makeup you used to wear back in the days!
- Strobing: Eh... How's that spelt. I have no idea. Sounds like new millennial lingua.
- Eyeshadow: I think eyeshadow is for the upper part of the eyelid. While the eyeliner is just for a line, eyeshadow fills the whole eye lid.
- Brown Powder: It can come in palette. It has that applier thing. Often circular. You open a lid, use the applier and rub it in your face.
- Foundation: You apply this on your face before you apply all your makeup. To smoothen up any bumps that there may be.
- Concealer: I've heard about that before. For particular patches you want to cover.
- Highlighter: Wow, I used to know that! That's what you put on the lips either after or before your lipstick.
- Setting spray: Never heard about that. But I'm assuming after you put your makeup on, you use it to have it in place, so you can go swimming and the make-up will still be there.
- Contouring: You do this on your cheek bones and face to make them more defined. If you want that cheek bone you better contour it!
- Primer: Ah, I know primer oh. I know the name but I can't remember what it does.
- Lip liner: I thought I've answered this. What did I say you put on your lips? *I answer, that he said highlighter* That means I've failed highlighter... I meant lipliner.
- Brow Pencil: For carving eyebrows.
- Serum: That's an English word. To wash your face? If this was an exam, I'll say a liquid formula that you use to wipe your face before or after makeup
- Cleanser: Normally put on a cotton wool and deep cleanse your skin.
- Micellar water: Honestly I've never heard it before. I won't lie!
- Toner: That word can mean many things. Not sure babes.
- BB cream: I'm assuming you won't put a cream before you have makeup on, so BB cream has to be what you put in your face before you start making up.
I thought he did pretty well - must be the effect of the YouTube videos I watched with him at some point. The definition of Mascara cracked me up, and when he defined highlighter, I'd have spilled my drink from my mouth if I had one at that moment! Plus did you catch his slight shade at my make up back in the days?
I asked him if he thought it the test was hard, and he said "Not really, just that there's so many things I've never heard of before..."
What do you think? How well will the men in your life do?
You may also like:
- First Date Disasters!
- The Makeup Questions That Keep Us All Awake at Night
- Our Not-So-Free FreeBie PhotoShoot (+how to get the best out of freebies)
pS: I think I finally have 6 empty makeup containers from, so I'm eligible for a free lipstick from MAC! I'm thinking of a red or purple shade. Any suggestions?