Hey people. How's your hump day going? Good I hope.
Here's basically how my day has been. In feelings, actions and emotions.
- Creating : a CD compilation of transaction documents to be sent to a client.
- Drinking : not enough water. The half-full (trying to be an optimist!) water bottle on my desk reminds me of this fact.
- Reading : an email from the YouVersion Bible App on family bible verses. We don't really have one. Maybe Tee and I should consciously pick one.
- Wanting : to get up and walk around. Been sitting around too much, I may have bum sores.
- Looking: forward to June, being in Lagos, attending the very first wedding since ours 2 years ago and hopefully having a good time.
- Playing: with the necklace on my neck. I hardly wear necklaces and I'm surprised I've not taken this off yet.
- Wasting: a banana, imported from Ghana. In my defence, the bottom bit was too soft.
- Wishing: I knew how to type faster. Too late to learn?
- Enjoying: Not having a computer screen that faces my supervisor. Had that for the past year, and it was not fun.
- Waiting: for the end of the month. To be paid.
- Liking: the way my red polished nails looks against the keyboard. Perfect length and shape.
- Loving: the weather lately. I actually wore a sleeveless jacket today.
- Hoping: that I'm being awesome at my job. It's sometimes hard to tell. Everyone's so diplomatic about these things.
- Marvelling: at how there are no waste baskets on all the offices on the third floor.
- Smelling: Nothing. My sense of smell is poor. Maybe everyone else would smell this toffee and strawberry syrup I had with crepes for breakfast.
- Wearing: Mustard mini skirt, black body, tights and ankle boots. One of the few days I dress more 'British'.
- Following: a lot of Blogs on Bloglovin.
- Noticing: how ripped my Iphone charger is. I've used a black tape to hold it up before, but it's ripped further.
- Knowing: That I'm blessed to be here. Knowing I should make the best of it.
- Thinking: about the Exhibition later tonight. I'm meeting up with a friend and we are going to a photography exhibition at Tate Britain.
- Bookmarking: Nothing today. I hardly go back to my bookmarks
- Opening: My office email inbox. No emails that require my attention (yet), thankfully.
- Feeling: Hungry. Very hungry. Thankfully, I have home made rice and stew, (and hard Nigeria type chicken) which I should have for lunch.
- Giggling: At the thought of the man at the Café who'll most likely call me 'Angel' as he always does, when I go down to have lunch.
- Wondering: If my Supervisor secretly thinks I eat a lot.
Sometimes, it's important we make a conscious effort to get in touch with our feelings - the random and not-so-random.
Where are you? What are you doing? What are you feeling? You can pick one or more of the above.
pS: Wednesdays are referred to as Hump Days because it's the middle of the working week. The Hump.