A couple of interesting blogging related moments happened last weekend. To be exact, three.
First, was the husband suggesting I take a break because I'd been sat by my desk for too long. I guess I spent a pretty long time working just because I'd set a date for the new blog layout and I'm trying to meet that deadline. Also I was working on the last post which had lots of photos and when I include photos in blogs, it takes me a longer time. But in the midst of all that, I didn't feel tired or forced. I think I really love blogging - (plus since I got the number 1 item on my tech wishlist, it's been an easier process.
Second, I tweeted that I didn't really like posting photos of myself on my Instagram. Some people said they had noticed, while others found it hard to believe. But I really don't. I prefer posting abstract photos and words and quotes. I love words. And carefully worded language can be so amazing. But humans are highly visual, and so pictures and more likely to get noticed than words. And in the world of blogging and content promotion - I guess visuals is key.
Third, was a blog reader in Tanzania who sent me a message! She's been considering starting her blog and needed some inspiration.
Now to the point of this post. Merging points 1, 2 and 3 above gives us number 4 which is the point of this post.
Love for blogging + Quotes + Need for Inspiration = Blogging Quotes to Inspire you.
Whether or not you blog, I think there's some inspiration and practical tips in there to constantly get us pumped!
What to Blog
- A blog is merely a tool that lets you do anything. From changing the world to sharing your shopping list.
- Find what you are interested in and blog about it daily.
- We must not only blog what is popular. We must blog about our passions, no matter how quaint.
- Blogging is not rocket science. It's about being yourself and putting what you have into it.
- Blogging is a conversation, not a code - Mike Butcher
- Write what you know - Mark Twain
- Writing is thinking out loud. Blogging is thinking out loud where other folks think back - Liz Strauss
On Content and Readership
- Don't focus on having a great blog. Focus on producing a blog that's great for your readers - Brian Clark
- Your focus needs to be on value and ensuring that your readers get something out of your content, whether you are teaching your readers something or entertaining them - Adam Connell
- The currency of blogging is authenticity and trust - Jason Calacanis
- If you approach blogging having a me me me attitude you will fail miserably - Adrienne Smith
- Follower numbers are less important than follower engagement, enthusiasm, and love for your blog - Henneke Duistermaat
On Blogging Success & Promotion
- Successful blogging is not about one time hits. It’s about building a loyal following over time.
- Content is king, but distribution is queen and she wears the pants!
- Way too many bloggers think making money from blogging is like the movie Field of Dreams, where Kevin Costner’s character was told, ‘If you build it, they will come.’ You can build it, but if nobody knows about it, then they’re not coming! - John Chow
- Doing well with blogging is not about writing one key post. It is about performing day after day and helping a few people at a time
- 99.9 percent of bloggers are not awesome on Day 1. Their awesomeness is the accumulation of the value they create over time - Darren Roswe
- Design is not just what it looks and feels like. Design is how it works - Steve Jobs
- If you think good design is expensive, you should look at the cost of bad design - Dr Ralf Speth
- We all make snap judgements, and if your blog doesn’t look like a reputable, high-quality read, visitors won’t come back - Ali Luke
On Profit and Monetisation
- The term “Professional Blogger” is no longer an oxymoron - Luke Langford
- It is not wrong to try to make a living from your art, to charge enough money that you can afford to create — so long as some people will actually pay what you’re asking. So stop feeling guilty about it! - Alexis Grant
And finally, I quite liked this lighthearted one!
- These days you have the option of staying home, blogging in your underwear and not having your words mangled. I like the direction things are headed - Marc Andressen
I have to agree with Marc! I've come across You-tubers who who make videos showing only their upper half while their bottom half is still stuck in PJs!
I think in all of this for me, my major take-away is striving to promote the blog more across social media. After all, distribution is queen and she wears the pants! It can be so tasking though. Thank you so much to all of you who re-tweet my tweets and share on Facebook.
And to everyone else, If they're are any posts you love, please always feel free to share. The sharing links below let you share across all media. So you know that WhatsApp group you're in with over 250 persons and in which people keep asking why you don't contribute? Well, just share your favourite posts from here on there and stay relevant in the group. Haha.
Ok your turn. Do you blog or thinking of starting one? Which of the quotes got to you / what area of blogging do you struggle with?
You don't blog. What are your reasons for going back to your favourite blogs? Love to hear your thoughts!
pS: Please Subscribe to get notified of new posts. Also, let's connect on Social Media - @KacheeTee
ppS: My second takeaway is on readership. As a reader, please let me know if there's anything you'll like to see more or less of. Get in touch!. To be honest, I'm also noting the points on monetisation. I mentioned I was considering it in my Goals for November. Happy to still hear any suggestions.